Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snoozeworthy (Snowsworthy?). Not Newsworthy.

By Jack Simony

CNN must be hard-pressed to come up with content.  It’s leading off with the news that 49 of our 50 states have snow on the ground.  Every state except Florida, in case you were now wondering which state was the lone hold-out:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/weather/01/12/snow.states.irpt/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn
Really?  That’s your lead story?  Another headline vying for my attention?  ”Ghostbusters III a nonstarter without Bill Murray.”  Really.
I could have told them that.  I went to the site to read more about the crash of Lebanon’s government, and this is what they felt took precedence.  This is what they wanted me to know about first.  Perhaps for some of their readership it might be the more interesting fare.  But as far as I’m concerned, let me know when Jacksonville’s expecting a light dusting.  To me, it might become newsworthy when we’ve achieved a full 50/50 states.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment